Thursday 25 March 2010

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

The combination of my main product and the ancillary texts link well and are coherent with one and other. This partnership as a whole effect the outcome of the product and basically how successful it can be. When saying this what is meant is how well the advertising campaign is completed. Without advertising the end product (film) would not be known to the target audience therefore people not going to the cinema or puchasing the DVD. This could completely ruin a film/production due to lack of communication details to the audience. There are a range of methods that could enable the film to be known, this includes internet adverting (on social networking sites, blogs, webpages etc...), posters, billboards, newspaper/magazines and also television. The advertising (ancillary texts) is just as important as the film if not more important, because whats a film without people to see it? (paying customers) basically the film wont been seen if the audience doesnt know it exsists. I feel that the combination of my ancillary texts and my main product work together well as mentioned previously. This is due to the way in which I have designed them. I have puposely designed them this way so they are linked as almost a themed campaign, this enables the target audience to recognise the film. Both on the magazine cover and the poster I have used the same image of the female protagonist and also the font used on both is similar. This will hopefully work as almost a brand, for example how "Nike" works (people see the nike tick and automatically asociate it with the company.)

Overall the combination of my main product and the ancillary texts have worked out well, I feel they are strong and I am pleased with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment